Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Week 11 Theme

Clip – snap!

This little piggy went to karate; leaving all her weight at home.

Clip – snap!

This little piggy ate a woopie pie; feeling ashamed and all alone.

Clip – snap!

And this little piggy played wifey; doing dishes and laundry with a moan and a groan.

Clip – snap!

This little piggy wracked up minutes; texting and conversing on her phone.

Clip – snap!

This little piggy played momma; loving and carry for her own.

So, where is the little piggy who looked after the sheep? Well, she’s not under any haystack fast asleep. Awake and wide-eyed, she works night and day; so much to do and no time for play.

Play is for the critters who live in her shoe; for there are so many of them she often does not know what to do. Feeding them no broth – just a bit of bread; off to sleep hungry, she puts them all to bed.

Early to bed, early to rise; the youngest of them pries open her eyes. Pulls at the little curl resting in the middle of her forehead; gets up and going and proves right away that when she is good she is very, very good but when she is bad she is horrid.

A few extra hands this little piggy needs, but little jack horner is not in his corner, the spider on the tuffet has already frightened Miss Muffett and Papa bear is out for his morning stroll while he waits for the cooling of his morning bowl.

So, this little piggy cries below the twinkling star in the far off black sky…wondering – just wondering – why oh why….Keeping up with it all is a task too demanding she is too weak; picking pecks for Peter barely enough energy left to speak.

And what do you think appears before her eyes? But a tiny fairy godmother, dressed in disguise. With a twinkling of her wand and a catchy little jingle; this little piggy’s back starts to tingle; the fairy godmother dances and sings… and from this piggy’s back sprouts some wings.

“Why, fairy godmother, why?”

“Because my dear, pigs must fly!”

2 comments:

  1. Ok, so one part of me ones to put a little message to you with this post and another part of me does not want to give an explanation....what to do - what to do. Hmmmm, risky....

    Ok, so I was clipping my tonails - ooo gross - too much information - ok - got that. Well, week 11 rolling in and out of my thoughts for a while now. My (almost but not quite) two year old thrusting one rhyme book after another at me....juggling - juggling.... with me?

    Ok, so I remember this is a non-fiction class. This really is non-fiction, I'm trusting my reader here.

    So, why am I rambling now - worried...well - I guess because I went a bit off the deep end with it. At this point I have a choice - delete and start over before you see it??? Or let it be (because I actually like it)

    Decisions - decisions....

    Well, hope you enjoy the swim! :)

    P.S. I remember the bit about no poetry too...but this is really not so much poetry as it is just poetic. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely see this somewhere in the week 10-11-12-14 group of assignments, maybe best as week 12, but I'm not complaining.

    No indeed, no need to be anxious; it works fine. I hear your message, your cry from the heart (not that I, as an officially heartless English teacher, am allowed to care one fig for your schedule and the million things tugging you this way and that.)

    Glad you did not delete, let me see it, and I know you had fun writing it, so we're both pleased all around.

    ReplyDelete