Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Week 1: Know thyself...the journ(ey)al continues

It's in the middle of the day - this is huge!  I rarely get a moment to sit and and think so this will come as no surprise that this is not one of those rare moments...  Yes, I'm sitting but not thinking.  I wanted it this way though.  Since I do most of my writing late at night I thought it might be cool to try it during the day.

Pause Pause Pause...............................................................

Ok, I'm holding back -first difference.  I guess writing at night when I 'm so tired I don't care is a bit like writing after having a couple of drinks (you know what your doing but you don't care how it comes across...well, until the next morning that is).

Ever feel like the wind?  I'm fortunate that my laptop and I are sitting in a way that I get to dreamily stare out the window that faces our back yard and all I see is green leaves with a few tree trunks tangled amongst the green.  But I can hear....It's like the sound of soft rustling of crumpled brown paper bags.  Maybe it's more like the waves of the ocean - you know when you are lying on the sand (and rocks - like most of Maine beaches) staring up at the bright blue sky shielding your eyes from the sun...you can't see the waves but you can hear them....as the tied comes in - you know the cool ocean water will soon touch your toes and you don't care.....  Ya, that's how this wind sounds right now.  The wind, this end of summer breeze is just like the waves after a bit they feel like they are inside of my chest - helping me to breath and I feel like they are me - I am them.

It's nice to take this moment and notice that.

Like the wind though - I must blow on...time to move my two little green leaves onto their next task.

1 comment:

  1. Interesting how your dreamy, tired journal entry mirrors or echoes the week's prompts very closely--was that conscious or is it a case of great minds thinking alike?

    ReplyDelete