Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Week 1: Know thyself. Know thyself?

Where did summer go?  Why do I hear Brian Adams singing Summer of 69? Oh maybe that's because since I've started this blog some old friends are popping up and sending me the "remember when..." e-mails.   Let me just save some time here - No, I don't remember.  Ok, well maybe I do but maybe the flashbacks are just too painful (painfully hilarious) and really who wants to remember Penny Days - that poor jogger did not have it coming Cathy.  Maybe Becca was right and Life does go on....then again Mr. Leary could have sent out his warning about Life and how it's like a well working vacuum a little sooner and perhaps we all would have embraced the Belushi ending...

Is it the New Year yet?  It should be...in fact, I'll pretend that it is and here is my new years resolution (for this week)  I promise I will write at least one journal entry before midnight...before I'm so tired that words come out of me in the form of some sort of mental spew. 

Maybe I'll jump on while the little one is zoned into Barney - ya...Barney in the background, that should make the journal entry much more interesting (yes, I'm rolling my eyes - but they are dry, sleepy and almost closed - so actually it was a half roll for the right eye and a three quarters roll for the left eye...now they are stuck and the computer screen looks odd....)

Wait - just remembered...this is titled 'know thyself' after all of this rambling what do I know?  Hmmm....got it - that I have kids and I have to work after they are asleep if I want to try to concentrate (and if I want to avoid little fingers helping me type and all my words having a few extra i's, some numbers or plus signs in them).  I also know that if I don't go to bed soon - I will never be able to wake up with them and function...so for now - good night.

3 comments:

  1. "I have kids and I have to work after they are asleep"

    There does seem to be a lot of that going around....

    I like the confidence of the writer not worrying whether the reader gets everything--it's a journal and I'm just peeking over your shoulder, so if I get a little left in the dust, that's my problem!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I remember those days, although I don't remember actually being able to have a thought in my head. Noah was into so many things that I couldn't keep up. Little hands going constantly. Now, he will be 10 in 11 days and he still has not stopped! He just got taller. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, lets try this again. I was smiling the whole time I was reading this. I could actually hear the words coming out of your mouth.

    I remember being at your house and always waiting for that quiet time to come. Most times it didn't always busy there. I miss those days, but also know that change always happens for a reason. I should also know that even though we are not always together now, you are always in my heart and a very dear friend.

    ReplyDelete