Monday, October 25, 2010

Week 8

The Union

Welcome friend. Thank you for allowing me into your home but are you sure you want me here? I am like the plague that wipes out the village in the night, the storms that sweeps you out to sea; I will crawl into your mind and fester into the darkest places, awakening them. Oh yes, my friend, be afraid.

For who is that dares creep into the darkest basement, gradually slinking down the stairs, spider webs clinging to their face; is it you that dares this descent? Do you openly enter the mind of Lucifer, peeling back the rotting flesh and placing your face close enough for your nostrils to pick up the odor seeping from the decomposing souls of the fools before you. It is so. I see you now, you know my will and you fear not the line I have drawn.

You hesitate not my brown-eyed friend, though our lives teeter at their end; you think not of ‘morrow but of this day at noon. Fairly warned, you step to the altar of your own free will; taking my hand in yours, you exchange the vows of eternity. Onlookers, naysayer’s, those unable to bare false witness to this bond of which we make will rise to this festive occasion and weep for us, and weep with us; for you, my friend, on this day shall weep. The deal is sealed with the coming together of our chapped flesh. Then shall I bore my claws into your heaving chest and clasp them around your pulsating heart. The mere thought of the beat intoxicates me, gives breath to my lungs, adds life to my malnourished soul; and you shall fill the core of me with your essence as we solidify our unity. In the name of all that is holly and righteous it shall be done.

And so it is.

My person thanks you, my brave, naive friend; for into your home, of no walls, I shall stay. Mortality is but only to our shells; our innards will putrefy ceaselessly, in no way departing fully - instead, entangling eternally… We have crossed the threshold of matrimony; you to I and I to you, we are bonded.

What! Do you back step now? Now that it is done, do you tear the mask from your saccharine face to reveal the demon beneath! I forewarned you fairly, justly, honestly! Where was the returned courtesy? Does thou think I shall fall back! Tripped by your hoof, hammered by your rod, entrapped by your steel limbs; you were not afraid thus I shall fear you not! For how can it be thought that your mind will out demonize mine, to the gambler you have asked to play the game and like a fool you will fall.

You do not believe? You scoff at my will, my determination, my survival. Does thou here the calling of an apocalypse, did our union draw it near? Do we have not but an hour in the clock of life; let us draw our breath on this second and reveal our weapons to one another - let us hide no more. Draw your sword my friend and pierce the lungs to which you have given breath, raise your shield and protect your own; for when I strike, it shall be but once.

A fool perhaps am I for such blasphemy, yet we shall continue on. We made the pact, one hundred years behind us and forever more to go. Our mob draws near, what their God has joined together - no man shall tear apart, thus the time has come. You do not pull back so I shall meet you head on. It was your dream in which I cowered before you, it is in your awaken night terror that I do not. The time to fear is not far from us now, embrace and know this horror and halt… or rush blindly upon the blade. Soon the torches will be lit, my friend, for in your home - of which is your mind - you can not escape me or draw me out. It is there that I shall be… forevermore.

2 comments:

  1. It's so close to Halloween and someone has EA Poe on her mind!

    Let me accept this without comment as an extended metaphor of your life and thoughts right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was going to leave a comment right after I wrote this but thought...no, I wanted to see what you would think first.

    Honestly, I loved it. haha And if you didn't get it or like it, I was going to suggest calling you on the phone so I could read it to you in my A. Hitchcock voice with emphasis and drama in all the right places - haha.

    I had lots of fun reading this one to my sister and to my niece. How odd that they both new right away what it was about - haha. ;)

    ReplyDelete