Monday, October 26, 2009

Week 7 Theme

Week 7 Theme

Dearest Treesha,

I’m thinking of you today; my mind is wandering after our short but pleasant visit and I’m feeling a bit like Anne – if only my gables were green – right?

I appreciate your encouragement, criticisms and thoughts on the stuff I showed you; it was sweet of you to take the time to read it all. Your looks resemble mum when you smile while your read – she has the speckled red in her cheeks too and calls it Rosacea but I think you wear the red sweetly, like you call onto the color to naturally rouse your inner Dianna.

I’m not sure that you are a Dianna though, not a Marilla either but it’s ok because I’m really not an Anne but your recollection of Gil’s advice is well received and I think will give it a go.

What do you think it would have been like if we had grown up together closer in age? Perhaps, sister, you would not advise me the way you do if we were closer together and I might not admire you the way in which I do.

Everyone seems to look up to you in a way; maybe it is because you are the only one of us who moved away. I mean you joined the Navy, traveled the seas and have the stories to prove it. That’s pretty cool. I wish I could go to Italy too – just once would be nice, I’m sure Sicily was neat but if I got to go I would go to Venice…just imagine streets of water! I’m sure glad you didn’t stay that far gone, it’s nice having you within driving distance but – 6 hours away – really? You could have considered the gas prices – hee hee. I do completely DIS-agree with everyone who says you are perfect, please don’t misunderstand me – I’m not trying to be rude. (Your are Practically Perfect in every Possible way – Not! Hee hee) Ok, so your yard is more managed than mine, and your dishes are always done on time and I was not able to find any dust (yes, I looked – so there :p ) but your not perfect because….I saw a hole in your sock! Yep, that’s right your big toe was sticking out and you thought when you tucked your foot behind your leg that I didn’t notice. 

Oh guess what! You inspired my creative side with yours, after you showed me those craft books you made I got thinking and I was on the chapter of our book where Anne accidentally gets Dianna drunk and I decided to make cordial! I loved all the blue glass in your kitchen so I decided to recycle a blue glass wine bottle to put the mix in – I’m actually making two so I can bring one to you sometime….then maybe I will accidentally get you drunk! How funny would that be – I don’t think I’ve ever seen you drunk…or even have a drink. That’s kinda cool actually and I’m really glad you don’t smoke or probably the books you loaned me would stink too much for me to bear reading them. Plus, Anne would never smoke.

You know, I think your hair is like hers - not the orange carrot color but the strawberry blonde shade but your hands are like mums and I’ve always imagined mums hands to be like Marilla’s.

Wow, I really do babble on and on don’t I, it’s just a sign that our visit was too short. I miss you immensely my beloved sister – we are true kindred spirits you and I (how corny does that sound!) Well, I’m off now to go write a Rollins Reliable story….or maybe I’ll think of you and your advice and write about the people I know and love. Till next time sis…

Cordially yours,

Teffitee (your Anne)

1 comment:

  1. I'm afraid the Anne of Green Gables references went right past me--never read it.

    Nevertheless, read it or not, I like this--it's a double portrait of two sisters. Or perhaps it's more a portrait of sisterhood than of sisters, of what it means on both sides to love a sister.

    Does that make sense??

    Stuff like that hole in the sock your sister tried to hide to maintain her 'perfection'--material like that is golden. And that distinction about admiration and advice is both generous but hints at more stuff that's less than perfect. I enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete